Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rearing to Run

I figured I would hop onto my good old blog and just write today!

I realized that I haven't posted my training for this week, so here it is:

M - rest
T - 3 miles
W - rest
Th - 3 miles
F - Rest
S - 3 miles
Su - 5 miles

The Plan(so far...): 
As you can probably tell, I am still just doing a steady mileage increase.  Even though I use to run more often I have to start fresh because of how long it has been.  So I figure it would be a good basis to just build up my mileage until I start my 18 week marathon program.  With the rest of this week included I have 2 and a half weeks until I start my actual training, which I will be referring to Hal Higdon's marathon training schedule which can be found on his website here : halhigdon.com

If you are training for any sort of distance running, he has great training plans for novice to advanced runners.  I really like how it looks and I defiantly think it will get me to where I need to be on race day.

Upcoming Races:
Speaking of races, I currently have 3 in mind that I would like to run and that includes the marathon.  On June 30th there is a local 5k in San Marcos that I am hoping to make.  I wouldn't be running some amazing time but I would like to get into the competitive spirit and be around other runners!  The second race I know I want to run in is the Greene 10k on September 10th.  I feel like I should be able to run 6 miles at that time, and it would be a nice break from training to just go run hard.  Then of course, there is the San Antonio Rock N' Roll Marathon on November 13th.  If I come across any more 5/10ks that are local I will probably try and run in them.

My Shoes:
Before I get into reviewing my shoes, I must say that I have an abnormal obsession with having good looking shoes.  Because I love how these ones look, I am going to post a picture!


I took this picture in my car, and the soles are already black!

 I purchased the Saucony ProGrid Kinvaras and I have never felt better running.  I can feel that it has changed my running form, and I am defiantly working muscles I have neglected in the past.   They are super lightweight, look good, and they help inspire me to strap them on even when I don't particularly want to run.

Well I believe this is the longest post to date,  so I will leave it at this.  I might end up running later too... anyways happy running!!!

Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment