Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Need a Kick in the Pants!

So, I will admit it.  I almost didn't run today.

I know, I know!  I haven't even been running for three weeks and I am already getting lazy.  I honestly think this is the hardest part of the training.  Hopefully once this week is done ill be over the hump and I will be able to continue working hard and training for the Marathon.

I do feel that days like today are some of the most important though, because it was a chance to prove to myself that I have the dedication to get off the couch and go run even though I didn't particularly want to.  Although I do question my sanity a little because I think I had a conversation with my shoes before my run.  It went a little something like this...

Me:  I really don't feel like running today, I ate so much at dinner!
Shoes:  Really? You are going to neglect me again? Two days is just to long not to be out there.
Me:  I know, but I think another day of rest would be good, right?
Shoes: No.
Me: No?
Shoes: You heard me.
*Epic stare down*
Me: Oh fine! I will run.
Shoes: YIPPEE!!!

It went something like that.  Anyways, now that I am getting into longer runs(30 minutes+) I need to start looking into getting something to wear/run with to help keep me hydrated in this heat.  I have seen some of those belts, but I am not sure if they feel comfortable or stay on well while running.  If you have any suggestions for such a device, please let me know in the comments below!

Well, tomorrow is Friday and therefore a day off so I may or may not be posting tomorrow so until next time, happy running!

Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment