Saturday, June 18, 2011

Keep On Running

So this morning, when my alarm went off, I hit snooze.  Then I hit it again, and again.  Needless to say, I did not get up before the sun.  Now in some places that's not a big deal because it doesn't get too terribly hot.  Well down here in Texas it gets pretty darn hot.  This is my first summer living here, I moved from Colorado last August, but from what I hear it is usually not this hot this early.  I am in for a long summer if I am unable to wake up before 8.

Now, with all that said, I almost decided not to run today because I work late tonight so I wouldn't be able to fit in an evening run.  But I decided to suck it up.  It was my decision to sleep in this morning so I had to deal with the consequences.  To bad for me that the consequence was to run in 101 degree heat with 30% humidity.  I decided to go acclimate myself to the heat by driving a new path to run today.  I decided I wanted to start running hills, and on a more interesting path.  The runs before today was on pretty much a runway of road.  It went completely strait for 1 mile each way.  I think driving slowly with my windows down, no air on, helped me get a feel for the temperature I was going to run in so I would not over exert myself right off the start.

So to make a long story short I picked a new path with some incline in it.  I ran it in hot weather.  And I think I did it really well!  I was able to keep a good for the entire run and I did it in a little over 16 minutes!

Tomorrow for my 4 mile slower run, I think I am going to run the same path twice because I enjoyed it so much today!  Until then, happy running!

Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment