Sunday, June 12, 2011

End of Week 1

I just started my morning by doing another 2 mile jog.  I think it was a good way to end my first week.

Looking back on it, the 1-hour run I did earlier in the week was a bad choice, I did too many miles to quick and it effected my progress the rest of the week.  As of right now, I am 21 weeks away from the Rock N' Roll San Antonio marathon and I will be doing a 16 week training schedule I found on runnersworld.com.  That gives me 5 more weeks to get back into the grove of running, and getting my fitness level up to par again before my training starts.

My plan for week 2:
M:    Rest
T :    2 miles
W:    Rest
TH:  2 miles
F:     Rest
SA:  2 miles
SU:  4 miles

I think that is an appropriate amount of mileage spread out through the week, this way I can avoid injury(I usually cause an injury by trying to do to much to fast) and still get running into my week.

Any feedback would be wonderful if you are a veteran runner, or even just enjoy running!
Until next week, have fun and stay safe!

Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment