Thursday, June 9, 2011

Nice Little Jog Today

When I first started out, I felt pretty good, my right knee was a little sore for last nights run, but overall I think it went pretty well.  When I started I was going to try and run a little faster than my first 2 mile run last week, but with the soreness I figured it wouldn't be the best idea I ever had.  So instead I decided to take it nice and easy, and focus more on my form.

I want to be able to practice "perfect" form, or as close to it as I can, every run.  Why? Because if I start out running correctly, it will be easier to increase my speed and distance.  Its pretty tough to pay attention to it though, because right now I really just want to make sure I run the entire distance I am supposed to, and it is easy to slack on form while running, and just say "All that matters is finishing!"  I don't want that to be the case when I run, so I always check myself to see how my feet are going, if I am relaxed, and how my feet are striking the pavement.

Well, that is all I have for today!  Until Saturday, have fun running!

Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment