Sunday, July 10, 2011

Middle of July is Hot? What?

Some things I will never learn I guess.  Why I try and do a long run at 2 pm in July in Texas beats me.  I think today I finally learned my lesson though.  I set out for a 5 mile run, but I cut it short to 2 after when I felt really slow/exhausted/tired/blah.

From now on, I am going to get up and out the door no later than 7 a.m. for runs.


I even put the sentence in bold and on its own so you all can see that I am saying it here.  And I truly hope that if any of you notice me not running before or at 7, to give me unrelenting scolding.  Please, and thank you!

Now that I got that out of the way, I don't want to cheat myself out of the distance, so after work tonight (sadly about 1am) I am going to do 5 miles.  I will walk them if I have to, its going to happen.  I wish it wouldn't had to have to come to this though.  I will just suck it up and learn from my mistake.  The next time I will ever run mid day is if I happen to be training for this crazy race.  Actually, if I ever train for that I am pretty sure I will have gone off my rocker.

And finally, tomorrow is the day my marathon training begins!  And me waking up before 11.  Lots of change on the horizon!  Luckily for me it is cross training.  So I just have to bike, and not run super far or fast.  I do wonder if I should ride a certain time, or distance though. When you cross train, do you do mileage or time?


Well that is all I have today!  I hope everyone is having/had a wonderful weekend, and happy running!

Brett

3 comments:

  1. good luck getting up early! i've never been able to be a morning runner. I typically resort to the treadmill when it gets too hot/cold. I hope someday I'll toughen up and run in all weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have the opposite problem, I refuse to use a treadmill even though I really should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call it the dreadmill. I hate it too but it is a necessary evil when torrential rain and ice and snow occur. (though you are in a warmer part of the country)

    Cross training is always about time for me. I don't care about distance. I'm going to start swimming for cross training at least once a week. Let's see how that pans out!

    ReplyDelete