Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Burrrr

We don't have snow, but its cold!

It is officially that time of year again!  Finals are quickly approaching, the winter cold is finally setting in (hey, 40 is cold here in Texas!) and the annual Polar Plunge is this Thursday!  This is going to be one heck of a busy week.  Then I throw in the first week of marathon training and it become chaos!  Although, I guess I can't fully call it chaos because I will be able to handle it... I hope!

I am just going to talk a little bit about my run today though.  It was on a treadmill sadly, but it was for the best! Or so I tell myself.  It was beneficial for two reasons.  The first is that I was able to avoid the chilly weather, and the other was that I was able to force myself to go at a nice easy pace to keep my knee from pinching and me grimacing.  It was a 3 mile run like the training plan called for, and it took roughly 30 minutes to run to make sure I took it easy!

Wednesday and Thursday will also be 3 mile runs with a 6 mile on Saturday.  I really hope that my knee is all good to go this Saturday.  It will feel good to run after my second Final!  But before Saturday, there is another challenge.  Will I accept this challenge? Probably.  There is a T-Shirt involved.  So yeah, I am totally jumping into the freezing water!  I will defiantly take a picture of the event and said T-Shirt.  And if I plan it right, I can finish my run and jump in to ice my leg that way!

I hope that running and the Polar Plunge will help relieve some stress until next Wednesday, then I will be free!  Wish me luck, starting Friday is the longest week ever.  I hope to be getting tons of these (6 to be exact)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if a plunge would help ease any stress for me BUT I'm doing one too! We have the Polar Bear Races on New Year's Eve- a 5 mile run followed by an optional plunge. Last year I took photos of my friend jumping in the ocean during the start of the blizzard that dropped over 2 feet of snow on the NJ shore. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, now that is just crazy! We don't have a true polar plunge here in Texas haha

    ReplyDelete