Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Six Basic Nutrients

As promised, I am going to expand this blog into not just a running blog (although that will still be the main topic), but also in a personal wellness and fitness blog!  The first stop on this wellness journey will be to define, and take a closer look at what makes up the food we consume.  What do we need to stay healthy?  What should we avoid?

I think to answer questions like those stated above the 6 basic nutrients need to be looked at closely.  In this post I will outline what the 6 are, and what I plan on doing to cover them.  I think it would be best to give each nutrient its own, in depth look.  I will do a mini series of posts over the next couple months to cover them all.  The first will be shortly after December 14th because I will be having finals all next week.  It might come out earlier than that if I have some free time.

Now onto the 6 Nutrients, in the order I will be writing about them:

  • Proteins
  • Fats
  • Carbohydrates
  • Vitamins
  • Minerals
  • Water
I hope to do some research and write informal papers about them, so that they can be used as a reference for what these nutrients are all about.  Of course I also want to see how each of these nutrients will effect running, and runners and if there should be any variations to common "rules" because we are runners.

I am excited to get started on this project, and if you have any suggestions for points I should hit in my posts, feel free to let me know in a comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment