Monday, August 15, 2011

I am back!

You may have noticed I have had a lengthy gap between posts, and I feel terrible about it!  Who am I kidding, nobody noticed!  But in the slight chance that you did, I have returned!

The reason I was gone for oh...around 27 days is because about 27 days ago I fell ill.  For a week.  I was miserable!  Sadly, as all sicknesses do, even once the worst is over it still persists for a little while, so goodbye 3 more days.  Then I had to travel, and clean/move into my new dorm room.  But now...I am back and more ready than ever!

I was able to run with my roommate today.  We did 3 miles at a steady pace (~8:50).  But because I missed so much time, I am pulling a switch and now I am planning to do the half instead of the full marathon.  I am a little bummed, but I will just have to find another marathon to shoot for.  Who know, maybe I will fall in love with the half and commit to that full time.

I do still plan on doing a 10k next month, is it crazy? Probably, but I am going to do it.  My mind is made up.  Case closed.

Anyways, now that I have everyone else up to speed, how have you all been?  Any big changes this last month? And new milestones?  I would love to hear it!

Until next time,
Brett

4 comments:

  1. Hey- sometimes life gets busy! Glad you're back and feeling better!

    Planning for the half instead of the full probably is a wise thing to do. Better to take your time and be fully trained for a full marathon than to rush into it and get injured. The marathon will always be there waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. If you did 5K today after that much of a layoff you should be fine for a 10K next month. And the half is fun! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed. I'm glad you didn't ditch running. Looking forward to hearing about how you're keeping your commitment to running and school.

    ReplyDelete