Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First day of classes!

This should add an interesting twist into training.  When I first started training to be a "serious" runner, I only had to deal with work and running.  Now it is 7 classes, friends, homework, and running!  I don't think it will be too much of a problem to fit an hour into the mix to get in a good running workout at least 5 times a week, I am just afraid I will be too tired some days.

I will just need to make sure I cut back on the late 2...3...4am nights!  But I guess that's all part of the college experience.  Maybe that is why it goes by so fast, because it seems like one long day!  Sadly my meal options are a little more limited now, yay cafeteria food?  I will need to get to Walmart stat to get some bread and peanut butter just in case.

I just finished my first day today, 3 classes and a 3 mile run.  Not a bad day in my opinion!  I ran it in 27:02 so I defiantly have room to improve, but I didn't feel like I was going to die today so that gives me some hope.  I need to think of another "article" post to write for this weekend.  Until then, happy running!

Brett

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous that you are still in college. I miss those days. So long as you always make time for a few miles, you'll be all set. I would recommend running your long runs on weekdays so that you can still go out on the weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly I wont have time to fit in long runs on the weekday! The good news is most of the people I hang out with live in the same room as me :)

    ReplyDelete