Saturday, March 30, 2013

I Have Fallen!

I am not sure what I was expecting really.  After being fairly lazy (that is the nice way of putting it) for the better part of the last year, I have had a terrible time running these past couple of days!  I don't think I have ever been in worse shape in my life.  Sadly, in the best interest of my running health I think I must start slower than I have ever started before.

Previously most of my breaks were over a one month period, so I was able to get back into the grove of running 3 miles or so every other day.  This time however, I am stuck running around 2 or less.  That just makes me feel terrible!  I am so determined to get my base fitness level back now, more than ever before.  I just need to keep my head up and stay consistent.

I know then next couple months will be rough, but I think I will set a goal of running the firecracker 5k again!  I am already looking forward to training for this race, and I think if I do it correctly, I can beat my time (24: 25) from two years ago.  Anything below that will surely be a victory!

Until then I just need to remember that it is all about the consistency.  Consistency, consistency, consistency!
Wish me luck!

Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment